Hi Jake -
I sure wish I had come with an owner's manual! But I didn't. I really enjoyed this book about 2E college kids, and maybe you would to:

Learning Outside The Lines : Two Ivy League Students With Learning Disabilities And Adhd Give You The Tools F by Jonathan Mooney, David Cole, and Edward M. Hallowell

I also think you and your parents, would benifit from looking through: Uniquely Gifted : Identifying and Meeting the Needs of the Twice Exceptional Student (An Avocus Advocacy in Education Title) by Kay Kiesa and Kiesa Kay

Are you planning to go to college next year? What is your friend doing? If you could have access to the best teacher in the world in any subject matter, which subject would you pick?

I like how you are reaching out and taking responsibility for yourself, but I would caution you against writing off "all" shrinks and teachers. I think that if you have the money to have your IQ results reviewed and supplimented by one of the best, say Deb Ruf in Minnesota or Ed Amend in Kentucky, that you might "shortcut" the long and winding road by a few years.

I saw a video about a kid that didn't get into college, and so creates his own college. Of course as a comedy it centered around drinking and ..... I would reccomend that you write down those pages and pages about what has happened and your ideal setting would be. Perhaps you could blog it and leave us links here?

One thing that I know is that within 5 years, life will have changed so much that almost none of us will recognise it in lots of important ways. But I can't predict what those ways will be. Please protect your health by staying away from alcohol, street drugs and women who are meaner and "crazier" than you are.
((wink))

Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com