My 5 year old displays behavior almost identical to his older brothers. He has been labelled a "sponge". He picks up on, copies and mimicks EVERYTHING they do (good and bad unfortunately). If they wanted to teach him to build a bomb - he'd learn.

He has to be watched constantly. He gets into everything and is into sneaking and getting his brothers toys and hiding them. He has even increased the difficulty of finding his latest "hiding spots". He has no interest in toys except trains - my oldest was like this. He would rather use real tools than play tools, real phones than play phones, real computers than play computers - etc. Leapster has been a lifesaver although he is quickly learning his brother's Nintendo DS'.

He can tell you the sounds of all the alphabet but only the names of half. He can't count very high but can identify most number up to 20. His teacher said he doesn't know his shapes, yet today his brother points at the bottom of a pilon and says "what shape is that vince?" and he says "hexigon" and Julian goes "OMG mom - he's right I thought it was an octigon". While his alphabet is behind, I think he's a child with both ADHD and giftedness. His teacher agrees that we cannot look at his scores to tell his "smarts" - when I told her his brother is in the 140 range she says "no doubt he's at least that high".

He is horribly disruptive at school, home, etc. He does well at daycare but not sure why. He's about to get kicked out of kindergarten so in a last ditch effort to save my job - I'm getting him tested for ADHD to see if I can get him services.

Does this sound like a gifted child or a child who just has serious behavioral problems. His behavior problems are unbelievably high. He recites the inappropriate songs that come home from Jr. High - at school. He can sing any song we hear on the radio more than twice. He unfortunately picks up on and copies everything. He does not speak like a 5 year old, he speaks like a 12 year old. This is like my 10 year old who speaks like an adult.

What do I tell the teachers, principal and school counselor? How do I help him - the other kids can't learn and neither can he. While he doesn't do well with ABC/123 - he's got patterns (even complicated ones) down pat.

In FACT, he did a sheet wrong - was to color in 5 of 12 apples. he colored all - teacher crossed out 7 of them to show him the right way. He gets a practice sheet, comes home, colors all 12 and then crosses out the RIGHT NUMBER of apples to "make it right".

To me - that is not something 5 year olds do on a regular basis. But they are seriously ready to start suspending him and I've had to pick him up several times from school. How do I help my son? I'm having enough trouble getting my 10 year old to stay on track, I'm wearing out. I'm also a single mom who is in school so this has been tough. Thankfully I graduate in 5 weeks.