Originally Posted by Amoreena
I suppose it must depend on where one's child is ... wouldn't be very good to get an algebra book before one is doing algebra, or any of the other higher math areas...

Here's one site I found that gives a bit of order:

http://fun-books.com/books/murderous_maths.htm

Anyway, we now have our hands on the "first" book, the first one written, so we'll see what develops.

Based on this thread, I ordered the whole set from fun-books. Not all the books were included in the set on the website, but someone emailed me and said the backordered ones were coming in and did I want to add them at the set price. I did, so we have 12 of them.
They came today, just in time. GS9 has been off school due to remnants of hurricane Ike shutting down the tristate area of Ohio, KY, & IN. Yesterday he was telling me he wanted to skip 4th grade because he knows everything they're doing. We discussed it more this evening, after he saw the MM books. We're thinking this will get him through the day at school since his teacher allows him to read when he's waiting for the rest of the kids to finish. We also discussed additional books to go with his social studies, geography, & history. These MM books look perfect to introduce different math topics. He's had his head buried in one for the last two hours, his choice.