Oh Isa, I am so sorry frown I don't know how I missed this yesterday! I've been visiting mostly at night to read posts. The threads are so fast moving, it's easy for one to get buried by accident.

I am so happy for you and DD! It's great to have a wonderful teacher. Little C has an awesome teacher too! She skips out of school each day happy as a lark. Quite a change from last year. Since you haven't been around, C also had vision development testing and has some pretty significant deficiencies. She will start therapy in two weeks, we are fortunate insurance pays for it.

You may have noticed the population has changed some! Some regular posters are not as regular! There are some brilliant new characters as well.

Allow me to introduce you:

This is Isa everyone. She has been posting on this board about as long as me, which isn't very long! She has a sweet and intelligent young daughter who had a very bad year last year, most likely due to a poor educational fit, and look at her now!

It looks like both our daughters will have a much better year. So if you are currently struggling with an unhappy child due to a poor fit, know that things can get better! And the best thing about the school year is that when the year is over, the bad fit also ends and your child gets to have a fresh start next year.

As most of you know, it takes some real effort in some cases to advocate at school, but I think worth it.

Wouldn't you agree Isa?