Hi there!

Well, I am back although not to 'normality'. My house is a complete mess and we are supposed to give DD's 5th birthday party on sunday....

Apart from that, DD has been two days at the new school and she is liking it smile smile smile
And I really like her new teacher - she wants to meet with me every week or other week until we are all certain that things are on track with DD. She is most positive with the grade skip (from K to 1st grade) and willing to accommodate her with both her vision problems and giftedness. And she wants to help her as well with socialization (DD has no problem on a one-to-one interaction but in a large group she feels threatened).

I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from my shoulders....

About the vision problems: we went to see an optometrist in Spain and indeed, DD has some deficiencies. She has problems tracking a fixing objects, not severe but enough to give her trouble, and she has problems with accommodation on short distances, which means that after a short while the page she is looking becomes all blurry. She has given me a few exercises to do at home and she told me that in about 4 months I should see improvement. Interestingly enough, DD's accuracy is 100% in the 'bad' eye and 120% in the 'good' one!

And voila'! Happy to be back smile