Originally Posted by 13umm
Is it possible to get five bachelor's degrees in three years if you test out of a year of [[/b]b]elective credit via AP exams and take semesters with a lot of courses?

Originally Posted by 13umm
I am planning to take fun courses that don't make majors as well, but if I like the field getting a minor in it could make sense. I don't have many hobbies outside of school since nearly all of my hobbies translate nicely to courses but I like texting my friend to worldbuild and read about socionics. It's just that taking on a lot will encourage me to manage my time extremely well and prepare me for a high-pressure career in law, business, academia, economics, or art.
I'm glad that I may not be forced to live on campus, but my desired university requires that. If they waive that requirement I'd need to live near the school since bachelors degree courses are only available from that school (assuming I am admitted to that school) in person. I can get the ability to travel and try to get a US pass-port when I'm sixteen and hope it works it way through bureaucracy in 8 months and then ask my mom to emancipate me so she doesn't have to move to Chicago. I'll ask her to transfer the money she would have spent on college into an account that I'll use to provide for my needs since I won't have time to work while doing well in school and taking on many challenging second year courses. I might work for extra money to spend on fun things.

In my own experience, the best way to deal with a high pressure job is to keep developing your skills sets, so the broad education you are planning to gain would be useful, but acquiring multiple degrees may not necessarily be the most effective way to achieve this.

At age 18, my son is a little older than you are and he is studying a single degree (R & D engineering) which allows him the option to study maths, physics and programming at more advanced levels than his degree demands and to choose electives which allow him to start being creative with the application of his knowledge and skills. Whilst his academic results have been stellar, by my observations, his live-in college experiences are proving just as valuable to prepare him for future work.

As the newly appointed sports rep and head sports coach at his college, he has been tasked to organise all the sports activities for next year. At the end of the academic year, he stayed on for another two weeks, planning and organising student activities for the year ahead. He has performed a multitude of risk assessments and made many modifications to his plans to include appropriate risk minimization strategies and been asked by the college council to review the risk assessments and plans of others. Since he has invited my input into some of these, I have had the opportunity to observe that his approach is already far more comprehensive and meticulous than many risk assessments performed in my workplace, by much older and ostensibly more experienced individuals. I have no doubt that these skills that he is acquiring in the ‘non academic’ aspects of his time at Uni & college will stand him in excellent stead for his future career.

Almost every aspect of life affords us opportunities to learn and develop skills. Whilst a string of letters after one’s name can look impressive, the most valuable member(s) of any team are the ones that have the knowledge and skills to get the tasks completed to a satisfactory if not high standard. How well, or poorly, financial and material remunerations match the actual value of the contributions of various individuals is an entirely different discussion.