I like your clinical insights. I'm homeschooled (I'm not sure if I told you this before) and grade accelerated in some areas. However, I tend to take classes with similarly aged classmates but still feel unorganized.

I'm very bad at courses with no deadline and either finish most of my work really well at the end of the course and get a B+ (because some is unfinished) or do nothing after the first week, despite desperately wanting to.

I do well in courses with strict deadlines or that interest me even if the latter doesn't have deadlines. However, for the latter I only finish near the end of the course. I was taking a high school chemistry course but wasn't interested in experiments. Some experiments (with overly thorough write-ups) and most sheet work was finished by the end. However, I'm not sure if just two years of public school and of brain maturation would make me as organized as most of the kids there.

I did badly in a course with strict deadlines because I didn't have the prerequisite skills. Other than that, I sometimes forgot homework and even a test at the start of my first course from this school but luckily one's lowest quiz grade is dropped and I did well afterwards, even if I cut deadlines very close.

The reason I care whether or not I have any normative deficits is because if I'm asynchronous, while it might be frustrating, I'll only need to organize myself as much as any other child and eventually have the adult-level executive functioning skills I want. If I have any normative deficits just organizing myself like the average child my age will never lead to the result <50th percentile EF skills as an adult and I might be below average at certain skills and need to use compensatory strategies forever.

Last edited by 13umm; 07/06/23 07:28 AM.