I have been on this forum for many years, but I haven't been actively recently. But as this forum helped us when my kids were young, I wanted to give back to the community. I recently retired and I have free time now that I need to fill.

My kids are now in their early 20s, which means that they went through the college admission process back a few years back. They did exceptionally well, with one attending the University of Chicago and the other Harvard. But between them, they were also admitted to almost every top-10 college they applied to. Through the process of guiding them, I learned much about selective college admissions.

Since then, I have helped family and friends, also with great results. And even though my kids are done with admissions, I still keep up with changes on the admission process through College Confidential, where I frequently give advice under a different username. My specialty is in STEM admissions, but I have helped students with interests in humanities and business as well.

Now that I am retired and getting a bit bored, I am looking to volunteer in this field in a more structured way. Do you have a child who is in grades 8-11 and who is targeting selective
colleges, and would you like my help? If so, reply to the thread and I will send you a PM to follow up. Don't send me a PM as my envelope is constantly blinking so I don't check it that often.