[Moderator: I posted this a moment ago, but there seemed to be an error - the next screen was just blank instead of a confirmation. Sorry if this is a duplicate - I only want to post it once!]
-------------------------

aeh, thank you for your reply. This is fascinating - and validating!

Your observation about me learning to compensate for relative weakness in math made my jaw drop. After high school, I went to university and, with great effort and many struggles due to my undiagnosed ADHD, got my BSc in Physics! I can think of several compensatory strategies* that helped me accomplish that. But without them, I still go "deer in the headlights" if I have to calculate a tip and the debit machine doesn't have a "percent" option!

By "other classifications", do you mean my anxiety? I don't mind talking about that in public. Or is there something else that I'm missing?

Oh yeah, I should let you know: when I try to PM you, I get an error message that says "aeh is over their Private Topic limit."

I have so many more comments and questions, but I'm super busy with other stuff, so I should keep this short today.

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! I'm super interested to hear anything else you (or others) might think of!

* If anyone is interested to hear about specific compensatory strategies I've used, let me know, and I'll post a list of all the ones I can remember smile

f(z)=zē+c