Interesting. It appears that during the K-12 years, you had a consistent pattern of academic strength in language-based skills, and relatively weaker (although perfectly age/grade-appropriate) math skills, which corresponds neatly with your cognitive testing from the neuropsych. That evaluation found exceptionally high verbal reasoning and average nonverbal reasoning, with short-term/working memory and rote speed both average (your verbal delayed recall/retention of some types of information was above average though). Some combination of the latter two areas of relative weakness is frequently observed in individuals diagnosed with any version of ADHD. Curiously, by the time you completed the adult evaluation, your academic math skills had caught up to your verbal reasoning ability, which would suggest that you successfully figured out how to use your strengths to compensate for your relative weaknesses sometime between the end of high school and the 2017 eval.

With regard to your principal question about 2e-ness, I think we can safely say that the data supports it. While your overall cognition measures in the optimally gifted range, your verbal cognition is likely highly gifted (based on the %ile). For the second e, in addition to your existing diagnosis of ADHD, there is an early and persistent history of significant differences between math and reading/writing achievement, with the latter commensurate with verbal cognition, and the former commensurate with nonverbal relative weaknesses, which could reasonably be interpreted as a 2e profile of the LD sort. The magnitude of the difference between strength and weakness is comparable to the kind of differences observed in persons of average cognition described as having specific learning disorders in mathematics (although, as I noted previously, you appear to have compensated rather effectively over the years).

EDIT: you do also have some other classifications which could contribute to 2e-ness. If you don't want to include them in this discussion, you may wish to redact them from the neuropsych. I'll note that they can also affect the same kinds of neurocognitive skills affected by ADHD, which can be a factor complicating differential diagnosis and the resulting action plans.

Last edited by aeh; 01/31/22 04:20 PM.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...