Originally Posted by adelea
I am pleased to read this post as it is very useful for the students. You can use these types of services to take help for writing college assignments and practical notebooks. The edubirdie is a good service that gives plagiarism-free write-up. I am really happy with this.
A service that writes papers, intended for students to pass off as their own, does NOT help these students in the long run. Turning in an essay which one purchased may get one a decent grade, but it is fundamentally dishonest. This provides bad karma. For example, some of the many possible downsides and negative outcomes:
- The student does not learn, practice, or polish their research and writing skills.
- The student does not develop their "voice."
- The paper is not in the student's "voice."
- The data collected by the company may be sold.
- The records from using the service, including payment for the paper, could provide "leverage" to be used against the student and/or their family throughout life.

I would recommend AGAINST using this service, or similar services.

I would also recommend caution about the person who posted this resource, as they are new to the forum, this is their first post, it is their only post in more than 2 months of membership, and it is off-topic... not related to LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS or to Competency Based Education/Learning. It would be better placed under Recommended Resources.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
BTW, thank you Platypus, for posting the link to the prior discussion thread on CBE, which contains a wealth of information.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =