Originally Posted by MumOfThree
Why are they introducing a new model on their own just for one class (or for all of their classes? but not as a whole of school lead method)?

I cannot speak to this situation specifically as I have no direct knowledge of it. However I am familiar with teachers being given wide latitude to "experiment" with their students and their classrooms in order to complete assignments for their own higher education degree(s).

For example, some students (and/or classes) would be considered a "control group" and two or more other groups of students (or classes) would be treated in different manners in order to test a hypothesis.

Parents of students were required, at each year's enrollment, to sign a benignly worded permission slip. It was truly *not* informed consent.

Most of the experiments dealt with measures to level the playing field and provide equal outcomes for all students. In other words, gifted pupils were not given the opportunity to learn new material or receive a grade which reflected that they had performed or achieved at a higher level.