Mine has very slow processing. I was concerned about learning to drive in our unforgiving congested area. The best I can say is if you are a caffeine user, you'll want to wean yourself off.

Our laws require drivers ed hours and learners permit hours. So we had a local driver training company provide the 6 required drivers ed hours. Mine doesn't just have processing issues, but also spatial dysgraphia. We used paper plates to learn where the car was-- had to drive over the paper plate, etc.

After he learned where the car was, it was time for drivers ed. They took him on the road and said he was OK, just give it time. I was surprised, but they were right.

I will say it was not easy for me or my husband. I overcoached-- pointing out things in the environment. There's a car ahead with brakelights on, we're coming to a busy intersection, please stay in the lane, try to get your speed up, there's a red light ahead take your foot off the gas. That sort of thing

Then my husband tried to wean from coaching and plenty of times said "stop, there's a light, STOP!"

But it worked out and he's a good, if not too slow, a driver now. I'm ok driving with him. He's had a lot of long distance trips and unpaved roads to help him learn where the car is. That's what took the longest.

So, what I'd do is give it a try with a "typical" company, and if that doesn't work, get the assessment.

I had another teenager learn to drive about 6 months behind him and OMG the difference. Much faster and easier and no need to avoid caffeine.

Do have her do some video games that require awareness of the environment and quick response.