Thank you MoT. You wrote some very important points.
The other key factors that induce us to stay:
PSAT. although we are in Canada, DD is American also and plans to go to US. She can qualify for National Merit. Although you can try and take the PSAT at another school who provides it, it is hard to get a spot in normal times. Impossible in covid times to walk into another high school. Hence, forfeit the PSAT.
Letters of Recommendation: As pointed out to me, letters of recommendation will be like gold in this time of covid learning and modified AP and SAT testing. Going online truncates DD's relationships with teachers. And the guidance counselor who "manages" her application to colleges.
And her GC has been a critical factor in her ability to discipline herself. She has a weekly meeting with her, kind of like a weigh in at WW. And it has kept her on top of her progress during this online. She ended with a 5.0 average. I am worried that doing the online without GC maybe like walking the tight rope without a net. Keeping ontop of that many online courses, plus trying to manage a social link. Not having a set structure may not work. And your comments about CTY teachers made me think.
In addition hybrid is coming under fire everywhere. If parents have more than one kid and they go back to school on different days, parents cannot go back to work. So it either stays online or they go back to school. And the kids will be travelling to and from school cross cohorting, (they are not prisoners travelling on select separate bus) so what is the point have all this cohorting at school. They wear masks and do the best they can. What happens in the line for the bathroom? How long will that take for breaks? And bars are reopening. So how can they reopen bars but not schools? It is teachers at risk, not students really. And parents at home.
Thank you everyone for your input.