We've wanted to wait long enough and atleast until we really think it's absolutely necessary for a comprehensive testing for DD6.

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster for us. DD's anxiety has been increasing (I have a separate thread on this). She's also indicating her lack of interest in class and mix that up with the anxiety bouts, and it's becoming more challenging.

We are still considering our immediate options - advocating in the current school, different traditional school, reading up on parenting strategies in managing the anxiety bouts - but beyond all this, we are seeking clarity for ourselves to help understand her better, and to help understand what educational method might be better for her. Would she be 2E (which is likely) and if yes, what kind(s) and how do we help her as she grows up. And so on.

We live in the East Coast and are also looking to shortlist potential Gifted + 2E assessment centers that we could plan for testing if/when we decide we must.

I looked up the list at the Hoagies site, but some of them have had mixed reviews in other forums and not everyone seems to specialize in 2E.

Would you have any suggested centers? I've heard/read a lot about Gifted Development Center in CO. If that's really as good as claimed to be, we wouldn't mind the travel at all.

If you live in the East Coast and have tested your kid, could you recommend me where you tested? Or if you know about centers like GDC or others who can assess 2E as well - could you please suggest?