I have no experience with an IEP but you may take something out of my 11th graders story. She was advanced in math as part of a magnet program in our K-8 district. She had geometry in 7th and algebra 2 in 8th grade. I remember because she was getting perfect scores on every test. High school came and there was no other in a class of 500. She was in 9th and 10 th grade with kids typically 2years older than her. She got a B first semester 10th grade in Calculus BC. She got an A second semester and a 4 on the AP and she was done. MultivarIable Calculus typically is next but she had no interest. This year she has AP stats and is not planning to take a math class next year. Other kids in the magnet program continued on while others didn’t get to BC. In her I believe the push back in 3rd grade was good but I believe it caught up with her in high school.
In your case even if you get in the summer program algebra is done after next year. Just my opinion it seems your son and your husband are in a hurry to get no where fast. Back to my daughter I believe the junior kids at her school taking BC now were probably more ready for the class this year than my daughter was last year. Again your story may be much different than ours.