I was also willing to try it because I was thinking it was the same as what CTY has or had used.

Neato, if it makes you feel any better, it appears it's true. Here's an excerpt from the DM Spain site (http://www.hmlt.hmco.com/Intl-Spain.php):

educaLine is the exclusive distributor of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Learning Technology�s education solutions in Spain...

The Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is an institution of Johns Hopkins University that seeks students of the highest academic ability through its talent search and offers them challenging educational opportunities that develop the intellect, encourage achievement, and nurture social development. educaLine works closely with CTY Espa�a to offer Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Learning Technology�s Destino Mat�matica as a distance learning opportunity for CTY students.

I finally had DS look at it the other day and he thought it was boring, too. It's a bit slow - but at least your children can skip over the things they know. I think the only real difference is that CTY gives quizzes, tests and a final exam, and provides written homework - and of course, the tutors. Even on EPGY, which is computer only through Stanford, CTY makes the kids take a written final exam.