Kudos to the OP for finding such a great educational program for your son. And also for keeping him well grounded in his ability to spend time with typical age mates. Well done!

I just want to piggyback on your question - 2e kids often can't have their IQ measured. With 3-4 standard deviations in subscores my DD can't even get an accurate GAI to substitute. And her high score is generally assumed to be significantly underestimated so we can't necessarily use that either. We had an occasion one time where her IQ had to be submitted to qualify for a particular evaluation and the false number generated in her testing just barely met the requirement (used to filter out kids with such low cognitive abilities they would lack the necessary ability to follow basic instructions...). Some of her comprehension scores placed her above graduate school level as a newly turned 10 year old but she barely made the cutoff for too intellectually disabled to follow basic instructions...

Is there actually a NEED for an IQ score? If so in what context? And how do you accomplish that when you have a kid with LD and processing issues that stump the standard tests? We too have been fortunate to be able to put together a program that works really, really well but have basically accepted that any program or institute that relies on standard test scores will not work for her. It's probably great for kids who can be tested in a straightforward way but I have yet to find any kind of a box my child will fit into...