Originally Posted by tigerhog
I am not able to find more information about the program's support to 2E children. I felt like I am put into a situation where I have to choose between addressing her 1st vs the 2nd E. I know there is no one size fit all solution but what should I consider when making decisions like this?

One thing to keep in mind is that there is NO REASON you would find any information about support to 2E children. I've looked at a lot of gifted programs (and briefly taught in one) and this is not the sort of thing you will see advertised. This is in part because it's not the focus of a gifted program, and also because disability services are generally the domain of special education--even if your child is in gifted.

It is illegal to discriminate against a child with a disability by denying them entrance to a gifted program that they otherwise qualify for. And in theory it is illegal to deny special education services to a child just because they qualify for gifted placement. (This last one can be harder with some disabilities and in some states; ask anyone with a stealth dyslexic child if they're getting dyslexia services... sigh.) But you CAN and SHOULD be able to get the same accomodation services within a gifted program that you would get in a non-gifted general education classroom.

I have two 2E kids and IME, you'll most reliably get services for both Es as long as you're on top of what's going on and push for them. But even then, it largely depends on the quality of your special education department, the experience of your administrators, and how lucky you are with classroom teachers. We have had great teachers for exec function within gifted, and lousy ones. We have had great teachers in general ed, and lousy ones. The most important thing is that YOU are educated about giftedness and your child's needs so that you can ensure the school is providing what she needs, even if they don't understand or want to do it.