Hi I would like to thank you all who contribute to this forum. My DD11 was identified as gifted by CoGAT about 3 years ago. Sort of out of the blue for us as she was never one of those straight A students. Anyhow, I have since been trying to get some sense of the test as it didn't give me any information to help me decide what's appropriate for her. Found this site and I have been reading since, although I have to admit most of the topics blew my mind away. She was given additional IQ test and achievement test, and a diagnosis that put her in MG and 2E category.

There is no service at the school but the district has a program for the TAG children where DD qualified. However the program seems to tailor more towards self-motivated individual. I am not able to find more information about the program's support to 2E children. I felt like I am put into a situation where I have to choose between addressing her 1st vs the 2nd E. I know there is no one size fit all solution but what should I consider when making decisions like this?