Hi,
I�m new to the forum. My DS is 13 years old, he recently got into JHU SET and we are waiting for his DYS results. Professor from SET recommended him to apply for a magnet high school in our area that ranked top nationally. It is hard to get into this school, not only do they have several tests to get in, they also look at the GPA, etc.

Our dilemma is that our DS has always been strong in reading and English, and that is how he got into SET. But he recently only got B+ in his English, which puzzled me. With his English, he is unlikely to get into the magnet high school. Private school is expensive and there are not many good choices either in our area. I�m wondering what went wrong with his English. Is it that his ADHD finally starts to get in the way of studying, if so, why he scores so high in his other tests? Does anyone have similar experience? Should I contact his English teacher or counselor? The middle school is an ok school, certain teacher doesn�t even respond to email inquiries.