Thank you, aeh, for your help smile .

I just returned from the evaluation results meeting, and their position is take-it-or-leave-it on the SPED Resource teacher as the provider of SDI. I asked what would happen if I choose to private pay for SDI, and they said I would have to sign a document that said I denied my child FAPE and they wouldn't supply services in the other identified area of SDI. All or nothing.

I didn't sign the evaluation, because I felt the above information was a new, concerning development. I've contacted a lawyer, not because I intend to sue, but to further understand my rights and the consequences of the choices in front of me.

I believe private pay is the best choice, but I'm concerned about the ramifications of this decision.

As to whether or not this provider is injurious, I guess it depends on your perspective. I don't believe removing my child from a classroom with a highly qualified teacher to SDI from a teacher with neither a masters in education nor special education certified is beneficial. I feel its harmful if this person doesn't know what they're doing.

nbt