Thanks for the replies. Yes, I had similar thoughts, aeh. In a way it doesn't matter whether the score is accurate as long as it is high enough to qualify him for services. We have all kinds of confusing behaviors going on right now and I'd love to be able to apply to DYS to have access to a family consultant, but getting the school situation figured out is even more important.

On a good note, he is being accelerated into first grade math starting next week even *without* completing the testing (this was based on curriculum based assessment done over the past week by the GT teacher). Maybe I should push the school a bit on why such a lengthy assessment needs to be done right away, when he is still a very young child who tires easily during testing, if they are willing to accelerate him based on his subject matter knowledge alone? Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to wait a few more months in that case.

However, is there another test we could request that would *not* have ceiling issues? I don't know if the school district has another test on hand, but if I knew what to ask for, I could ask.