My DS6 just sat the WISC V and WIATIII, and while I haven't received the report yet the psychologist told me of his scores.

She used the primary subtests, so there were two in each category. Every single one had a split!

I didn't​ get the overall IQ.

The psychologist did say that he found the test boring. She said that she thinks all his scores are below what they should be, and thinks in two years he will score much higher.

I don't know what to do with a profile like this! Surprisingly, his WIAT showed all areas around 90-95%ile.

He is extremely bright and very much an out of the box thinker. He hates school and does not want to participate or write, and has average grades. The teacher lets him read whatever he likes, thankfully. He has massive impulse control problems which he has been working really hard to control (and doing a great job!). He can be highly focused when interested. When he's not interested he will sit in his reading corner, but can still answer all the teacher's questions. He has received the reputation of being a "trouble maker" because he play fights when encouraged and is the last to stop and is the only one who gets caught.

The psychologist says he should be grade skipped but in a few years' time when he has developed better regulation and foundation skills.

I'm so confused.

BTW his serious and academic brother is PG and has been grade skipped twice, so the school has certain expectations. I'm not sure they'll take a chance on my wild child.