I did part time homeschooling for my older son for 4th grade. It worked and it didn’t work.

Middle school or high school would be easier in that you could say he is doing first, second and third period and I am picking him up after lunch.

Elementary school he was doing all classes after lunch social studies and science were after lunch. But sometimes the teacher would work on the social studies skit during language arts before lunch so his group would be writing without him. Or take the class to the library before lunch to check out books for the science report. No biggie but we had no idea that this was happening and it would catch us by surprise. So a question I would ask would be about cross curricular projects. After many days where he was asked to come for the full day for this reason or that reason I just transitioned him to full day. He is 2e and had homeschooled full time for three years.

My younger son is PG with a full grade skip and a lot of acceleration in middle school. I have always known if school could not or would not put him in appropriate classes, I could just partially homeschool.

I foresee DE his last two years of high school. He will be done with all required classes at the end of 10th grade at 15.