Originally Posted by cricket3
vacation, or team trips, are especially challenging in this regard, but helping him feel OK about needing that down time was important.

We could do a better job of this although my introverted husband does share about his need for down time.

the anemia, do you think your DD is eating well?
She is not the best. She eats a limited range of fruits and veggies. I have had conversations with her about this, and she will occasionally eat outside her comfort zone. This will be part of the follow-up doctor's visit.

would persue an evaluation for depression.
Unfortunately it will have to wait until Christmas when we go back to visit family as there are no mental health agencies where we live. I am very concerned about the possibility of depression.

would keep looking for groups/activities that might engage your DD and help her find her people, where there is some structure that encourages participation. And hopefully more upper level classes as she enters high school will be a better fit.
This is something I can do - find clubs for DD. I recently connected her to a music group where hopefully she can find some like-minded souls. I have been surprised that she has not hit it off with any other fine art kids as she lives to draw. However, this school is an international one, and language and cultural barriers can be huge.

As far as upper level classes, the school prefers for kids to take their classes in a specific order. 9th grade is basic classes ( no AP allowed) although some kids like DD and her sister will be in Algebra 2. DD is going to be bored silly again unless I can convince any of the teachers to give her more personalized work.