Thank you for your thoughts.

Would like to reiterate that I know it’s not in any way, shape or form my business whether K10 is the right fit for the program, and would never bring it up, just needed to have a good vent about how the kid and his family appear hell bent to make it so.

It’s so frustrating - if the kid is really lashing out primarily because he feels the social and academic fit isn’t there, there is certainly nothing DS11 or we could do about it!

Originally Posted by howdy
Does your son have a friend or friends on his side? Is he depressed or refusing to go to school? If he has no friends at all and is starting to refuse school, then this is pretty serious and I would definitely step in. If he has friends and is okay with school, maybe it is something he can be coached to respond to himself.

The answer is not really, and beginning to. There is a number of kids he likes, but no one he is really close to, and he feels that the other kids usually ignore what K10 does or says anyway, or don’t take it seriously.
Today, he told me that he wants to drop out of orchestra and science club, and doesn’t even want to go for ice cream with the rest of the class anymore if K10 is there, because the constant harassment is so wearing.
Also said he didn’t want to speak to the homeroom teacher (who should be the first contact in the matter) because they have assigned student teacher counselling hours and he feels he shouldn’t approach the teacher outside of those.

Sigh. I probably need to contact the teacher after all, ask her to monitor the situation and step in if necessary.