Originally Posted by Dude
Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by Dude
Three of the thirteen colonies, plus parts of others, were formed by the Dutch. Germans made up the largest group of non-English immigrants, though waves of immigrants from Scotland, Ireland, and Sweden had already made the place a melting pot before the Revolution began.
The Library of Congress link shared upthread does mention religious persecution for people of these regions.

Then perhaps it's the kind of biased account that it would do well to offset by sources offering a different perspective.
You appeared to counter the idea in my post regarding religious persecution, calling it nonsense. I invited you to share a source which informed your view, and so far you have not. I have shared multiple sources which informed my view that religious persecution was a factor.

You may not like the sources I cited but they do include images of primary source documents, which may be taken as "verifiable fact."

The invitation remains open for you to share resources which inform your view(s).

Meanwhile the links which I have shared (Library of Congress, PBS, and book list) may be considered supplemental resources for the OP and others seeking materials for teaching US History to their middle school age children.