I'm glad you got some answers from PG Retreat. With your scores, I would definitely apply. As our kiddos get older I find that their need to connect with intellectual peers grow more and more important. Since my DD's GAI score was very close to 160, our application process was pretty easy since I had just completed the DYS application. However, I do have acquaintances that have had to provide additional info or write really long narratives regarding their child before they were accepted.

Both of mine have been in multiple schools, and ultimately I ended up homeschooling. The GATE magnet was actually the worst of them all providing very little flexibility and more writing work as "rigor". I also started homeschooling my 2e DS who didn't appear to be exceptionally smart in school but has really truly blossomed after being exposed to material more appropriate for him. He will be attending the Davidson Academy next year.

Epsilon and AoPS has truly be life changing for my DD. She started in the young group which used to be called "Delta". Last year she moved onto their formal 1st year program, and despite being a huge step up in work and challenge, she loved in even more. She looks forward to the camp all year and it's a place where she can find her people. If your child is very interested in mathematics (not just good at it) and you are looking to enrich him with discrete mathematics, I highly recommend it.

PM me if you have any more questions!