I am new here and new to the whole gifted thing. My 5 year old son took the WPPSI-iv on friday and scored very high 135. However the 1st thing the man said to me was he's at a loss because he had never seen someone score so low on the cancellation part, He gave him the lowest score possible. He went on to say that it made no sense at all because "cancellation and bug search" are pretty much the same, cancellation is just smaller and more random and my son scored 99% in bug search. I ask him if my sons eye sight could have played a roll ing it, he has something called Anisometropia and has no depth perception at all, and my son had been in there for 2 hours with out a break. He said that is very likely, that theres pretty much no other reason he would have missed all of them but like 3. He looked at the papers and said all of the dabs were "by" the items but not ON them so he couldn't count them.... This 0 on the cancellations was the make or break for him qualifying for the exceptionally gifted school here. if he would have just made a 5 on it could have gotten in. It would have raised his GIA to 140. clearly something happened and the only thing i can think of os his eyes.

we haven't gotten the final report but his scores are

verbal comprehension - 115
visual spatial - 130
fluid reasoning- 140
working memory - 115
processing speed **90**

GIA 135 (FSIQ)

processing speed is the bug search and cancellation, bug search he scored G+ and nothing on cancelation....

clearly something is wrong there.... can he retake just that part?? Thanks