Hi and Welcome. I am not a PhD so I can’t with great accuracy interpret your child’s tests however going back and taking a look at my son’s IQ test in lay terms very superior is an IQ between 120–140. And what your daughter is experiencing is very normal – it’s called scatter. Super high in some areas and average or below and others – and this is all typical normal with kids daughter gifted. My kid has a slower processing speed than other kids. Oh! My kid is bilingual and if your child is bilingual that can really change scores.

Also until you’re five or six years old I don’t believe you can get really stable scores. I could be wrong.

Each test has its own way of evaluating. My kid for instance scored differently on the WISC-IV, the WPPSI, the Stanford Binet, and the Woodcock Johnson tests. And he just got his results back from his PSAT’s and he was surprised and I was surprised at his overall score because he’s just not a great test-taker.

The other thing to remember about these crazy tests is that it’s just a snapshot in time. Lots of things affect these tests – did you get enough sleep the night before, was she hungry at the time of her tests, was she upset about something, etc.

So where do you go now - what do we do with all of this stuff - well, life is going to go on just like it did before. This might answer some of your questions about your child,that you were wondering about - or maybe not ha ha.

Keep doing what you’re doing. It’s all child led - let her be your guide in regards to what she’s interested in, and the subjects that she’s really interested in dig deep and give them depth!!

Originally Posted by nolaparent
dear forum members,

Our DD passed her screening test with the board of education. Thank you so much for the guidance, this is process is still very new to us. We tested her because it was a requirement for entry to certain schools. We decided to give it a shot with no expectations, and now we're pretty excited she passed! I received a report, and would like some members to chime in on any interpretation, or suggestions?

DD Age during Testing: 4 years (48 months)

WPPSI-IV
Receptive Vocab - 13
Block Design - 19
Picture Memory - 12!
Information - 17
Object Assembly - 19

Full Scale IQ - Very Superior - Standard Deviation +3.0 (standard error measurement)

WJ-IV test
Letter Word Identification - 69%
Applied Problems - 93%

1. How do I translate this information to a rough approximation of her IQ range?
2. Test suggests she is really poor is remembering, but good in design and assembly?
3. Why is there a discrepancy between the tests? The WPPSI would suggests she is gifted, but the WJ suggests she's average. Curious what it means.

She is very young, and we're just trying to expose her to things where possible. Looking forward for some feedback!

Last edited by pdxmom; 01/04/18 01:04 PM.