I keep wanting to comment on the original topic, but whenever I get around to thinking up what I have to say, the website is down!

For those who were missing a rubric with the new mastery transcript: there is one on http://www.mastery.org/a-new-model/ .
Only it won’t clear things up much, because (according to the organisation) it only “captures our best thinking for now”,and finalising it is what they exist for, and there will be “no standardisation of content”. Every school gets to invent their own performance areas, rubric etc.

Right. Still not sure what your job is, then, but if that is you best thinking for now, I am not impressed. So a school is supposed to certify mastery of, a long other stuff, “develop flexibility, agility, and adaptability”, “bring a sense of courage to unfamiliar situations”, “sustain an empathetic and compassionate outlook”.

Oh look, there is content, too. Students might show mastery of “understanding traditional and emerging topics in maths, science, technology, environmental sciences, robotics, fractals, cellular automata, nanotechnology and biotechnology”.

Wow. Just wow. I call DRIVEL. Makes me nostalgic for the good old times of “calculus: B”.