On to the Inc piece - I can't even get through the subtitle without clearing my throat:

The work of the future will involve humans collaborating with other humans to design work for machines.

Let's change that first word to "some," please. Some work will always be done by the self-maintaining, self-programming, self-aware machines known as human beings. A robot is not going to diagnose and fix your car, or your central air conditioning. It's not going to be your doctor or your lawyer.

The truth is, there is little taught in school that today can't be handled with a quick Google search and an Excel spreadsheet.

Ahem.

Guess what happens when you Excel? Math does. And if you accidentally enter a formula incorrectly (and act which necessitates some of that variable handling I described before at a minimum), understanding the underlying concepts and being able to do a quick mental reality check goes a long way to identifying and fixing those issues quickly.

Good luck to anyone who loses internet access and actually needs to think for a change, btw.

Honestly, all these people who keep saying how arithmetic and algebra are unnecessary were raised in an environment where that was a key part of their educations, and they go around using those skills reflexively as part of their daily lives. They have no idea how that loss would affect them, because they don't have the self-awareness required.

Side note, this guy talks about painters and poets. Why are all these anti-maths so hung up on poetry?