It's been a while since I've posted here. And mostly, that's because things have been running pretty smoothly for us.

We had DS7 tested last year, mostly because we wanted to get a better picture of what was going on. We worried there might be a LD because he was really struggling with learning to read and write. He also had some major OEs, which really caused a lot of stress and disruption for the whole family. He tested MG with no LDs. And it turns out that everything seems to have fallen into place - his reading and writing are solid now and more consistent with his general abilities, and the OEs really seem to have settled for the most part.

But here's the intriguing thing: He now seems to be perfectly NT. His reasoning skills, vocabulary and math skills still seem very strong, but there doesn't seem to be unusual stuff going on anymore. Could that be because he developed quickly and it has more or less evened out?

To be clear: I really couldn't care less either way whether he's gifted. He is still a bright child with so many amazing qualities and he brings joy to our lives everyday. Quite frankly, life is easier and more enjoyable for everyone now. I'm truly just curious whether anyone else has ever felt like it was a bit odd to have things settle down like this. I'm a bit fascinated by it all.

In the meantime, DS6 has started grade 1 and everything is going along really smoothly. I think he is also very bright, may be gifted, but we have no real need to test.

I would love thoughts, anecdotes, etc. smile