Originally Posted by greenlotus
Originally Posted by indigo
2) For the mom who was accelerated, you may wish to share the link to the Acceleration Institute, as this information seems pertinent to understanding her own experience and possibly that of her child, as well. The mom may need or benefit from this forum, as well as having access to articles on the Davidson Database and knowing about websites such as Hoagies Gifted Education Page. IMO, she really needs to know that she is not alone.

Thank you indigo. I might send her some info if I think she can get it translated into her native language. Even telling her about our journey seemed to be of comfort to her.
Did you know -

1) The Acceleration Institute's original 2004 report, "A Nation Deceived" is free, downloadable and available in an International version, in nine languages? The webpage lists: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish.

2) There are several free online translation services. While the grammar in the free versions may not be as polished as the grammar in the purchased upgrades, I find the translations to be generally useful.