DS18 started his freshman year at his choice of school. So far, we brought the wrong bedlinens (I grabbed the wrong box when loading up), no one remembered where his credit card was (in my purse), and he had two debit cards: one not activated, one old. So right off the bat, he was almost a week delayed in getting his books. He didn't have a certain piece of equipment needed for his instrument.

On the plus side: He already figured out that his meal plan isn't appropriate for how he's eating on campus, so it was changed. He gets along with his roommate, says they counter each other well. He has a chipmunk who follows him out the dorm.

Now, as far as classes go, he was invited to take a particular unusual math class for high-scoring freshmen, but he will take that in the spring. I have no idea how he is doing class-wise! (TBH, I'm not even sure what he's taking...) We are letting him take the lead, and thank goodness DH and I are totally distracted/overwhelmed by events on the home front (cf the wrong bedlinens and credit/debit cards) so we aren't checking up on his account.