DS17 is just thriving. He is captain of his varsity sport and just eating up his role as leader and mentor to the freshmen. He has come a long way from 9th grade quiet kid on the team! He took advantage of our week off for hurricane Irma to get his college applications mostly done. Finishing up this week. He is my gifted kid who didn't need too much extra from the school for his giftedness but did need accommodations for his 2e. He has mostly learned to deal with 2e and has outgrown most of his need for accommodations. Real growth there.

DS12 is doing well at his school that is 6-12th grade arts school. He is great on his instrument. Because the school is both middle and high school and small, they have been able to subject accelerate and place him wherever he needed. And the music part is just great. I would love to say it gives him something he has to work hard at but I would say he does have to put some effort in....still not hard. He did got to a summer program through Duke TIP and loved it.