Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by amylou
in some cases the complaints I've heard from other parents are out of proportion to the reality in the school.
I would not, personally, discount the authentic lived experiences shared by other parents, regarding how well their children's educational needs were met. smile
Of course, each situation is unique, and many factors come into play. I was just saying that in our own experience, the neighborhood public school provided a stimulating environment for a couple of kids who are extreme academic outliers. Maybe it is a fluke that it seems to have worked out (or maybe our kids' needs have not been met, and I am too clueless to recognize that!). I do think there are many in my own community who rejected the public schools before really giving them a chance. If we had made our own decisions about school selection based only on what we heard from other parents, we probably would not have sent our kids to the public schools either. But we went ahead with the ps and often our impressions were quite different (in a positive direction) from the rumors we had heard. Maybe we've just been lucky, but I am feeling extremely grateful right now for what the schools have done for our kids.