I don't know where to ask but I need help. My DH's Uncle died today. He had cancer that went undiagnosed until 3 weeks ago and died very quickly. We really didn't even know he was terminal until last week. We really didn't have a chance to even visit him until last night and he died today. My DS4 really loved him and we didn't bring him last night because I was unsure if it was appropriate. I had told him that he was dieing only 2 days ago and he looked at me and went silent (he is NEVER silent), when I asked him if he wanted to talk about it he just shock his head and said he was too sad. When we got home last night he had a long discussion with me that he wanted to go see him and say good-bye. I said I would think about it. Now I feel horrible that I didn't get there today with him. When I told him he was dead he just held me. I tried to explain that his soul is in heaven and he is no longer in pain, which I think he is still trying to digest. He understands death because our dog died over a year ago and other family members that he wasn't close to have passed. He has gone to the funerals with us, but not to the casket.

Are there any books that might help? Any advise or experiences you could share would be very helpful. It is so hard to see such a little boy be so smart and understand this. It is breaking my heart more then the death of this beloved family member.

Nancy