Originally Posted by marigold82076
I was able to get a copy of his test results, and the gifted coordinator agreed to make use of the IAS as a pilot for my son!
This is excellent news. smile Thanks for sharing. This may help the school have confidence in supporting your son's acceleration and may also help future children/families facing this decision.

Originally Posted by maridold82076
the coordinator wanted to use his 3rd grade ITBS results for the "Achievement" part which is supposed to be a grade-level test (he just finished 2nd grade). This seems unfair to me but I don't really want to make him take yet another test just to get this data point.
While this does not seem ideal, it could work IF a notation is placed on the IAS forms as to the score being provided from the 3rd grade test for the student just having completed 2nd grade... due to this score being readily available... and to avoid test fatigue.

Otherwise, the 3rd grade ITBS would seem to work against him.

Hopefully the school realizes that while taking a one-year-ahead test might reveal small gaps in student knowledge, gifted kiddos typically learn at a faster pace... with exposure to the material would quickly close those gaps in knowledge.