Originally Posted by Quantum2003
I hear that it is done all the time for expediency, whether it complies with official education laws/policies or not. Sometimes it helps when the parents make a fuss. It also makes a difference why you were excluded. Did you miss a deadline for requesting particular classes? Were your scores lower in previous administrations or have you received relatively lower grades in the past? As for high school credit, in our area it is predicated on a sufficiently high score on the year-end high school exam.
Thanks for replying!

In my middle school there are no sign-ups besides the traditional music options (Choir,Band,and Orchestra). Usually what happens is at the end of 7th grade the Language Art teacher will meet students individually in class, who feel would benefit from the excel Language art class and ask them if they would like to participate in the excel class in 8th grade.

I am usually an A-B student, but in 8th grade i grew intensively tired/bored of middle school and my grades dropped at the end of the last trimester. I know i sabotaged my self as counselors use my grade dropping as another excuse to not let me into the excel Language Arts. (Another minor reason i became bored was because i am a year older than all my peers because i started school late)

But i still and have always scored very high on my state testing proving i can handle the excel class. (My nwea science and reading scores are the highest in the school)

Last edited by DigitalPixels; 06/18/17 04:01 PM.