I know this has been widely debated and researched, but wanted any personal feelings about this. My DYS DS9 is in 3rd grade in a public school. We supplement his education with online courses and partial homeschooling. He is able to learn at a much faster rate than what is taught at school. Does he get ahead because of his natural IQ, or is it because we supplement him with the resources, and instill value in education, and have a positive attitude about learning?
What if we took 2 of the brightest students in each third grade class in a typical school and provided them with the same educational resources, etc. how many would be able to do just as well or better? Does the other student's IQ really matter or is it their work efforts/achievements that matter?Is my son special or is it the Environmental factors that contribute to his faster pace of learning what matters most? I would like to know if anyone has any ideas, feedback, or research that has been done on this type nature versus nurture questions.