I loved that scene. I also liked how they revealed that he had been a professor of philosophy- somehow I can see a professor of philosophy dropping out and living the way he did to raise Mary.

I also liked a scene where Evelyn and Frank are talking and they have a similarity of banter/humor that made me think that she is where Frank got his sarcastic sense of humor. I think one scene also explains Evelyn's relentless drive to make her daughter into what she felt she should have been (Mary said to her, after you got married, no more math?) so that's why Evelyn drove off the boyfriend and tried to keep her "focused." They did a really good job with their character development.

The first compromise with the foster family made NO sense to me. It made more sense that Mary would stay with Frank with support and visitation from Evelyn and maybe they would put her into the gifted school. So I don't understand how either of them would have agreed to take Mary away from Frank and put her with strangers. The cat ending up where it did was ridiculous...BUT I loved that when he left he didn't just take Fred he took all three cats...

Last edited by LAF; 04/25/17 02:39 PM.