Originally Posted by longcut
I know a few people whose kids part-time (like only in school for special subjects, or just morning, or a midday interruption), including one of mine. My DD leaves school part of the day, and after the first week, it was just her thing, the kids just accepted it. Other kids leave the room for things -- some leave for special reading or math help from other teachers, so it's part of the routine. Based on the rules, our district wouldn't allow on-site homeschool (though we did stay to work a couple times due to circumstances). Liabilities or something. It was way more comfortable at home, more fun. I wish I'd known about it sooner, though perhaps she'd have been less comfortable doing something different when younger.

My son did half days/homeschooled half day and after a while you are right it was just his thing. He did mornings at home and then arrived right when they were finishing up lunch. He was like Norm coming into Cheers..."NORM!!!!!!" Sometimes he met them in line right outside the cafeteria on the way back to class, sometimes he walked into the cafeteria and sat with them as they finished up (he ate at home before he left).