Originally Posted by indigo
What immediately comes to mind is a common trait in gifted children, often listed amongst identifying characteristics, which is alternately described as "advanced moral reasoning", "well developed sense of justice", "moral sensitivity", "advanced ability to think about such abstract ideas as justice and fairness", "empathy", "compassion".
Indigo is right. Gifted children have an advanced sense of justice at an early age as well as highly developed empathy and sensitivity.
Since this seems to be a preK age classroom and the teachers are aware of the situation, I think that they will take care of it soon. But, if this persists, you may have to consider if the placement is right for your son.
My son had huge problems with kids not following class room rules, kids shoving others on purpose, kids displaying cruelty to animals (kids throwing rocks at birds, bumblebees and butterflies during recess) etc at that age. That is when I found out that there is a huge difference in attitude between myself and some school staff as well as many parents when it came to such things. Well, long story short, I moved my child - it took a few moves but eventually he is in a school that insists on kindness, respect and helping others - any of those offending behaviors that happened at his old school will be dealt with immediately in the new school. My son is no longer emotionally drained after school because he does not have to cope with things that are not under his control. He also does not have to sacrifice his recess time to be on volunteer patrol duty to look out for kids being shoved and birds getting hurt.
Now, he has mental energy to focus on academics and socialization in his work day.