Originally Posted by Johnny
I have google'd but my google-fu must be weak on this subject.
You might want to try your search-fu on these forums, in addition to the internet at large. smile

Originally Posted by Johnny
I have found lots of links on how to deal with the disruptive student, but now how to have a kid in the classroom deal with the emotions from the situation.
When someone is being a bully, there is also a role of victim(s), and a role of bystander... which seems to be role we are focused on at the moment.

What immediately comes to mind is a common trait in gifted children, often listed amongst identifying characteristics, which is alternately described as "advanced moral reasoning", "well developed sense of justice", "moral sensitivity", "advanced ability to think about such abstract ideas as justice and fairness", "empathy", "compassion". Links to lists of gifted characteristics include several articles on the Davidson Database here and here, SENG (Silverman), SENG (Lovecky).

This dilemma also reminded me of an old thread, which was focused on concern for the victim... possibly some of the ideas discussed there may be of help.