DS7 (grade 2) and DS5 (kindergarten) are both coasting through this year without learning much of anything. They haven't yet said that they're bored, but I know that they are definitely not being stimulated. For instance, DS7 casually suggested yesterday that he knows everything he's being taught in school. DS7 has only tested MG and has an individual learning plan, but it doesn't seem to be amounting to much. DS5 hasn't yet been tested but is probably reading at a grade 3 or so level and has no problem with grade 2 math (we know this because both boys enjoy math problems).

So my questions are: How much of an effort should we make, given that they aren't complaining? Is it unfair to them that they're not being challenged? Since they are probably both "only" MG, will this really affect them greatly? Would they be more "successful" if they were more challenged in elementary school?

I haven't posted much on here in a while because things seem to have settled for us (we've eliminated the possibility of a LD for DS7 and he seems to be more and more in control of his OEs). And really, this seems like more of a luxury at this point. But I would still love to have any opinions from folks on here given the wealth of knowledge and experience.

Thanks!