A lot of wisdom above.

I was told my numbers at that age, but in the context of being a whole person. It probably helped that I have other siblings in the same range, and a sibling who scored much higher (which was evident IRL), which provided a bit more perspective. My parents likewise presented it as a tool which can be used for good or ill--or squandered. There is no personal merit in having a trait that one did not earn (like the color of one's eyes, or one's height), but there is personal responsibility.

Professionally, I present results directly to secondary-age students (as is their right in IEP meetings, btw, once they reach age 14). I believe the information belongs to them, and they should have the opportunity to learn it from someone with the clinical expertise to interpret and explain the data, and to have the opportunity to ask their own questions. For younger children, I think parents know their own children best, and are in a better position to determine just how much detail is appropriate for them. But my preference is to err on the side of too much information, rather than too little. The effects have more to do with how we contextualize it than with the nature of the information, or the age at which it is learned.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...