Hi all, update on here. DS just finished his math MAP today and I was told he got a 230, pretty much the same as the first time. But this time DS told me about some of the questions and based on what he told me I'm pretty sure he didn't take the youngest test. He had trouble with one question that included exponents because he didn't know what a number to the power of 1 meant. He also said the test included fractions, decimals, and percents and specifically asked to learn to divide fractions because it was on the test and he doesn't know how to do it yet. There were some word problems he was confused about too. Overall he has been testing for days for an hour or so at a time and I was told he spent up to 20 minutes on some questions, so I'm guessing they were pretty challenging (he also is afraid to answer them wrong and has a very hard time with just guessing).

So, any idea which version of the test this was? Should I ask them to use the next test up at the parent teacher conference we have coming up? I know he had some growth over the past 6 months as he loves math and has learned quite a bit at home and hopefully school has taught him something as well. It seems pointless to me to keep giving him a test where he keeps scoring the same number regardless of actual progress. This time he completed the reading portion for the first time, but I don't get the results until the meeting. I'm really curious how he did as I have been worried about his reading lately.