Hi, DS6 just started at a private gifted school earlier this month and they had given him map testing for math over the summer before school started and then just this week they did another assessment. We just had our first parent teacher conference and got the results. (He did not get the reading portion done on time, so I didn't get those results yet.)

I was wondering what exactly the numbers mean and why the second test has a lower result than the first? In the summer he scored 234, but there's an * where the percentile rank column is. And then on the more recent test he scored 217, which says 99th %ile. There are no grade equivalents either, does it not work that way? I was kind of excited to get our first real placement test back and I guess I just don't really understand what it means anyway. Or how the score could go down rather than up or just staying the same. It was only about a month and a half between the two tests and I hope he hasn't gotten worse at math since starting school!

Last edited by SaturnFan; 09/30/16 01:24 PM.